American Council for Accredited Certification
Council-Certified Microbial Remediation Supervisor (CMRS)
Council-Certified Indoor Environmentalist (CIE)
Lead-Safe Certified Firm
Certified by the United States Environmental Protection Agency under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
The I.A.Q.A. was established in 1995 to promote uniform standards, procedures and protocols in the Indoor Air Quality industry. Since its inception, I.A.Q.A. has become a leader in training and education for IAQ practitioners. The association is committed to education and research, and serves as a forum for the exchange of ideas within the emerging IAQ field.
- To promote professional growth among IAQ practitioners serving the residential and commercial community.
- To provide hands-on training of practitioners using proper diagnostic tools, testing devices and techniques for identifying thresholds of residential or commercial buildings.
- To serve as a forum for members to share knowledge and address problems within the IAQ industry.
- To recommend building design techniques and equipment useful when constructing, remodeling or remediating a residential or commercial building in hot, humid climates.
- To educate and train IAQ Practitioners, Professional Mold Remediators and other to serve the public in a knowledgeable, professional and ethical manner.
- To serve as expert witnesses before the government when legislation is proposed.
Membership in the Indoor Air Quality Association is beneficial to HVAC Practitioners, Design Engineers, Microbiologists, Environmental Consultants, Industrial Hygienists, Building & Facilities Managers, Attorneys, Manufacturers Reps and many others in related fields.
Specific Goals of the I.A.Q.A.
The I.A.Q.A. is an international association headquartered in Rockville, Maryland. This membership is recognized throughout the United States and many other countries.
Metro Restoration is certified as:
- A.C.A.C. Council Certified Microbial Remediation Supervisor (CMRS)
- A.C.A.C. Council Certified Indoor Environmentalist(CIE)
- Air Duct Cleaning and Sanitizing Professionals
- Residential Mold Inspectors
Metro Restoration is one of three in Allegheny County following the I.A.Q.A. (Indoor Air Quality Association, Inc.) standards.
The I.I.C.R.C. is an independent certification body established in 1972 to set carpet and upholstery cleaning industry standards. The IICRC symbol is your assurance that the men and women who proudly display it are skilled professionals. IICRC certification cannot be purchased. It is earned through study, experience and successful completion of formal, written examinations.
Visit http://www.iicrc.org for more information.
Many I.I.C.R.C. certified cleaners are also qualified to restore furnishings affected by smoke, water, odors, discoloration and other disasters.
When you choose an I.I.C.R.C. certified cleaner, you can be confident that an experienced, qualified professional is caring for your valuable furnishings. What is more, all I.I.C.R.C. certified cleaners have pledged to do business with you honestly and with the highest regard for your needs.
Metro Restoration is certified as
- IICRC Certified Water Damage Technician
- IICRC Certified Carpet Cleaning Technician
- IICRC Certified Upholstery and Drapery
- IICRC Certified Carpet repair and re-installation
- IICRC Certified Fire Restoration
- IICRC Certified Journeyman